Location/Center: Harrisburg Area Centers
- Are you a college student, working towards a degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Special Education, Child Development, Psychology or Human Development and Family Sciences?
- Are you looking to make some extra money while gaining invaluable experience?!
- Hours: Part or Full Time 15-35 hours per week (varies based on your availability & center needs)
- Hourly Rate: $9.50 - $10.00
If you are passionate about making a positive impact during one of the most developmental times in children's lives, join our team and make a difference! We are committed to working with passionate teachers and investing in your career-both at U-GRO and beyond!
Teaching Assistants at U-GRO assist with the teaching and delivery of child care and education services which promote the cognitive, physical, intellectual, social and emotional safety and growth of children under their care! Your responsibilities as a teaching assistant at U-GRO would include areas such as:
- Assisting in the planning and implementation of daily programs and activities within U-GRO's developmentally based, educational program for your assigned class of children -- U-GRO teachers rave about the wonderful support they receive in from the curriculum team when it comes to lesson planning, while also being given the freedom and flexibility to get creative!
- Supervising the children entrusted to your care - supervision is defined as the ability to see, hear, assess and direct children.
- Arranging and maintaining a well-ordered classroom environment that is warm, safe and caring for the children.
- Keeping your teachers and the Center Director informed of any issues or concerns within the classroom
- Communicating with parents on a daily basis - building positive relationships!
- College student currently enrolled in a related degree program - prior experience working with children preferred but not required
- Must be 18 years of age and fluent in the English language.
- As mandated by the Department of Human Services, all employees at childcare centers must obtain 3 childcare clearances, and also provide proof of a completed health physical and TB test to begin employment which must have been completed within 12 months prior to hire. This form and more can be found at the following link: Dept. of Human Services - Childcare Related Forms .
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must love children!