Location: Hummelstown, PA Center: Hershey Status: Full-Time, Monday-Friday
If you are passionate about making a positive impact during one of the most developmental times in children's lives, join our team and make a difference! We are committed to working with passionate teachers and investing in your career-both at U-GRO and beyond!
Teachers at U-GRO teach and deliver child care and education services which promote the cognitive, physical, intellectual, social and emotional safety and growth of children under their care! Your responsibilities as a teacher at U-GRO would include areas such as:
- Preparing, evaluating and implementing daily programs and activities within U-GRO's developmentally based, educational program for your assigned class of children -- U-GRO teachers rave about the wonderful support they receive from the curriculum team when it comes to lesson planning, while also being given the freedom and flexibility to get creative!
- Supervising the children entrusted to your care - supervision is defined as the ability to see, hear, assess and direct children.
- Arranging and maintaining a well-ordered classroom environment that is warm, safe and caring for the children.
- Overseeing all mealtime/snack time activities and nap time.
- Communicating with parents on a daily basis - building positive relationships.
- One of the following will be required:
- A High School diploma and at least 2500 hours (= 1+ year) of experience working with children; or
- A Child Development Associate (CDA); or
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Human Development & Family Studies, Child Development or Special Education, ; or
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a related field and prior experience working with children;
- Must be 18 years of age and fluent in the English language.
- As mandated by the Department of Human Services, all employees at childcare centers must obtain 3 childcare clearances, and new employees must provide proof of a completed health physical and TB test to begin employment. The TB test and physical must have been completed within 12 months prior to hire. Additional information available here: Dept. of Human Services - Childcare Related Forms .
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; flexibility as to the hours and schedule of work.